Seven Popular Cats From The Cat Breed List
Have you ever read a cat breed list and wondered which are the best cats to have? The best cat is different for everyone and depends on their lifestyle. I’ll give you a brief description of seven popular cats (plus an eighth that is not on most lists but that you should consider!)
1. Abyssinian Cat – The Abyssinian cat could be a good choice for a family pet. The breed is centuries old and quite popular. This attractive breed of cat is very intelligent and loves to play games with its owners. It also loves toys. They are active and playful and do well with other pets in the household.
2. American Shorthair Cat – The American Shorthair is playful and affectionate. This combined with good looks and athletic ability make them a very popular breed of cat. If you want an active, playful cat that is not very loud consider this breed. Although they love to play they do not demand as much attention as some other breeds. And their shorthair makes them easy to keep. Overall, this is a cat with a great temperament and it adjusts well to most households.
3. British Shorthair –The British Shorthair Cat, also called the Brtish Blue, is a large breed of cat with a laid back demeanor. They are quite calm and intelligent. They are easily grained and are often used in films and other productions for this reason. This breed tends to observe from the sidelines instead of being in the middle of the action. If you want a cat that is calm, attractive, and easy to care for, the British Shorthair cat might be the best cat for you.
4 Burmese Cat – The Burmese Cat breed makes a great companion and they are suitable for many households. They easily fit in at large, busy homes because they are quite alert and fun loving. They enjoy company and are quite talkative and affectionate. They are interested in everything that you are up to. If you get this breed of cat you will always have company around the house. At times you may have too much help!
5. Maine Coon – The Maine Coon Cat Breed is very friendly and affectionate. They make a great pet for families. They love to play games like chase and fetch. Overall they are quiet cats that will communicate through quiet chirps. The Maine Coon is a large breed with a thick longhaired coat. They have been popular with farmers for many years because they are good with the kids and useful around the farm.
6. Persian – The Persian Cat Breed has a calm and adaptable nature. They are a popular breed of cat and a good choice for families. If you are looking for a less active cat you might want to consider a Persian. They are quiet and much less active than many other cats. They love to sit and observe in places like windowsills or on the back of a chair. This longhaired, large breed, was once popular among the European Aristocracy
7. Siamese – The Siamese breed of cat is known for its svelte, oriental appearance. It is among the most famous breeds of cat. And it is certainly among the most active. In fact, it is probably the most active and energetic cat you can get. So watch out! They are demanding of their owners attention and need space to play and items to climb. If you get a Siamese you better be sure that you are up for it!
8. A cat not on most Cat Breed Lists – A cat from your local shelter! There are way more cats born each year than there are homes to keep them. There are a few reasons for this but over breeding is the biggest cause (including failure to spay or neuter resulting in “unintentional breeding”). I have a cat from a local shelter that I adopted nine years ago. I have not regretted that for one moment. If you are looking for a cat, please consider a shelter!
Thanks for reading this article. If you are looking for a cat please take your time and make an informed decision.
Article Directory: http://www.articledashboard.com
Maggy is a life long friend of animals and a pet lover. Maggy writes about pet adoption for www.adopt-a-pet-you-will-love.com. If you liked this article you might be interested in the Cat Breed List at www.adopt-a-pet-you-will-love.com/Cat-Breed-List.html You may use this article on your site as long as you give full credit to the author by including this full resource box with active links.
A bit of humor...
Powered By WPHumor
Powered By WP Footer
Categories: Cat Breeds Tags: Abyssinian Cat, American Shorthair, American Shorthair Cat, Athletic Ability, Brief Description, British Shorthair, British Shorthair Cat, Burmese Cat, Cat Breed List, Cat Cats, Centuries, Companion, Demeanor, Family Pet, Households, Laid Back, Playful Cat, Shorthair Cat, Sidelines, Temperament